Saturday, April 4, 2009

Second set of Tubes

I know it is long over due again. So here we begin....On March 12th Macayla had her second set of tubes. The first time around I forgot the camera. The second time I remembered. The tubes were successful, as there was actually no fluid at all behind the plugged first set. I believe she even confused the doctor on why we were there again. Currently the second set is continually draining out of the ear - we aren't sure why they are doing this, but at least they are draining. We have another follow up on April 14th. The doctor had an emergency that morning so Macayla had to wait and wait, her poor little belly was growling. So mommy & daddy took this time to play with her, to keep her mind occupied. Hopefully this is the last time we have the jail like picture. Thank goodness for the presurgery drugs to calm my hunger, I'm still waiting, out of jail this time, but still waiting. Here I am, right before I leave mommy & daddy, but I still look super cute. Immediately after surgery. This is the longest 1/2 hour of a parents life. Being through it once already we knew what to expect, but it is still difficult. She came out completely droggy and thristy - good thing she has a sippy cup attachment issue and took it with her into surgery. This is her the night of the surgery. Doing absolutely wonderful, and deciding that she can feed herself mashed potatoes. Needless to say we went straight from the high chair to the bath tub, but she had a good time so how could we stop her.